Effective Date: August 28, 2015
GiftCollector.com, a part of Elk Run LLC, understands that you care about privacy, so we are committed to helping you understand your privacy rights and how we use information about our site visitors. This Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we may use that information, and how we protect it. We also tell you how to update your information or contact us with questions about our privacy practices. This Policy applies to all websites and online services operated by Elk run LLC, including GiftCollector, Department 56 corner, and Noritake Colorwave Corner, our mobile site, and the online activities described herein.
Collecting Information About You
In general, you can visit many of GiftCollector’s pages without providing any personal information. However, when you use certain features of our website, we may ask you to provide information that could identify you as an individual (referred to as “personal information”). Examples of personal information we may collect include:
- Your contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, or telephone number;
- Contact information for other people, which you provide when you ask us to send them information through our referral option (please do so only with that person’s permission);
- Your GiftCollector.com account user ID and password;
- Payment information, such as payment card number, expiration date, billing address, cardholder name, security code, and promotional or discount code;
- Demographic information, such as your birthday, if you volunteer such information when signing up for e-mail savings or managing your email preferences;
- General location information based on your IP address, which we obtain through general site operations;
- When you use social media to interact with us, or to share something from our site with others, we will receive information about what you share and other details that may be based on your social media privacy settings ; and
- A record of your online product purchases.
You may choose not to provide us with all of the personal information we request. However, in some cases choosing not to provide certain information may prevent you from using certain site features; for example, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers, and content on GiftCollector.
Using Information About You
GiftCollector uses the personal information you provide for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing information or services you request such creating your GiftCollector account, or creating a wish list or a registry;
- Communicating with you about our new or existing products, services, offers, events, and promotions, such as through our newsletters;
- Processing and completing transactions such as product purchases, or facilitating shipments and tracking orders;
- Providing customer support;
- Gathering feedback about our products, services, and programs, such as through customer reviews;
- Analyzing trends and statistics, and improving our online features, marketing communications, and marketing strategies;
- Protecting against and preventing fraud, physical and financial loss, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and managing risk, including identifying unauthorized users or other security issues; and
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies, or enforcing compliance with those requirements.
To serve you better, GiftCollector may combine information you give us online, or through GiftCollector catalogs . We may also combine that information with publicly available information. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Sharing Information About You
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With business partners;
- When reasonably requested or required by law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When otherwise required by law or in response to legal process;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- When reasonably necessary to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- As needed to protect the vital interests of an individual; and
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may also disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to our service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, payment card processors, and data management providers. We also ask our service providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours .
Social Media and User-Generated Content
GiftCollector’s website allows you to share product reviews with us. Please use this feature responsibly. We monitor reviews to make sure that only appropriate content is shared through our site.
GiftCollector also maintains a social media presence, such as a GiftCollector's Facebook page, Twitter feed, and blog. You can interact with us through social media, such as by entering our contests, posting content, sharing material from GiftCollector’s websites, and using our social media plug-ins. When you interact with us using social media we may receive information such as your user ID, your profile picture, photos you post, and similar information, which is often determined by your privacy settings at social media sites. We may use the information for the same types of purposes we describe throughout this Policy. Your use of social media sites is primarily governed by the site operators' privacy policies and terms of service, and the information you share with us and with others is largely controlled by the privacy settings you have established at those sites.
Automated Collection of Information
Other organizations, such as ad networks, may be permitted to place cookies or similar technologies from our website, and they may collect personal information about your online activities over time or across different websites.
Updating Your Information
GiftCollector endeavors to maintain accurate information, and provides you with several options to update your information. You can log into your account and modify your information using your log-in credentials. You also may request that we update your information by contacting us as described in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
Your Communication Preferences
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you. If you prefer not to receive information from us, you can opt out by calling us at 1-866-923-0001 or by sending an email to email@example.com. In your request, please be sure to include your email address, full name, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you no longer wish to receive certain email communications, you may also opt out by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the message to stop messages or change their frequency, or select the “manage preferences” link to receive only the messages that interest you.
Please note these requests may take up to 30 days to be effective, particularly if we are removing your name from postal mailings . In addition, when you purchase from GiftCollector online, or when you choose to enter a sweepstakes or other promotion, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted not to receive communications.
As a part of GiftCollector’s commitment to your privacy, Elk Run LLC supports and adheres to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association's "Privacy Promise to American Consumers." We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale or exchange with other marketers; (2) honor customers' requests not to share their information with other marketers; and (3) honor customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone or other solicitations from Elk Run LLC.
Protecting Your Information
The nature of our business requires us to collect and maintain certain personal information, and we understand that we have a responsibility to protect it. To do so, we maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Your account information is protected by your log-in credentials, which you must keep secure and confidential. We also use the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) communications protocol in many areas of the site where we ask users to submit information.
We communicate our privacy and security guidelines and standards to our employees who access personal information for purposes described in this policy, and we enforce these requirements within the company. We also require that our service providers protect your personal information and use it only in the ways we have authorized.
Links to Third Party Sites
GiftCollector may provide links to websites for your convenience and information. These sites are not be owned, controlled, or operated by us. We cannot control how information collected by those sites will be used, shared, or secured. If you visit linked sites, we strongly suggest that you review the privacy notices or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, your use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
International Data Transfer
Please be advised that information described in this policy will be maintained and processed in the United States. Other countries, including the United States, may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. No matter where we process personal information, that information will be subject to the policies and protections described by this Policy.
Please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices. You may call us at 1-866-923-0001 , email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Elk Run LLC or GiftCollector Attn: Marketing Dept, 62 Seville Road, Madison, VA 22727.